The Building Department has an open door policy. If a citizen, taxpayer, homeowner, etc., has a question or concern, please give our staff a call so we can address the matter. A staff member is available most anytime during office hours, no appointment is necessary unless you are in need of meeting with the Building Commissioner. The Building Commissioner is also the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm; lunch hour varies
** NEW TOWN HALL OFFICE HOURS Effective July 1, 2018 - 6 month trial will be Mon, Wed, Thur 8 - 4pm, Tues 8 - 7pm & Fri 8 - 12pm to help better serve you, the public **
- Building Inspector: By appointment.
- Electrical Inspector: By appointment, inspections after 3:15pm
- Plumbing/Gas Inspector: By appointment, please contact Peter Starkus directly.
- To Schedule an Appointment: Call 508.347.2505 or email email@example.com the day prior to your inspection or between 7am-9am the day of requested inspection.
To find a GIS Map of a property, please follow these steps:
- At "Home Page" of the Town Website, see the left hand side of the page under "Sturbridge NE Crossroads"
- Then click on "GIS/Maps"
- Then click on the link for "On Line GIS"
- Then click on "Agree", then at the next screen, enter the street number & name in the top left hand corner and hit "enter" key
*** NEW FEE SCHEDULE for Bldg, Ele & Plumb/Gas EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018, see Fee Sched Tab ****
*** STRETCH CODE ADOPTED BY TOWN OF STURBRIDGE; EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018 For clarification: Stretch Code Requirements go into effect January 1, 2019, not July 1,2018. **